Official Sweepstakes Rules
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: The PlantParadox#30 Challenge (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Proof of residency and age may be required. Winners acknowledge that if they enter the Sweepstakes using a fraudulent name or account, they will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Employees of Harper Collins Publishers, and its respective parent entities, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and/or promotional partners (collectively, the “Sponsor”) are not eligible to win, nor are members of such employees’ immediate families. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, domestic partners, children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren.
- Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 15, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on February 14, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, simply do the following:
- Follow @plantparadox30 on Facebook and/or Instagram; AND
- Use the tag @plantparadox30 and hashtag #plantparadox30 on at least one post on Facebook and/or Instagram.
Each post that contains both the tag @plantparadox30 and hashtag #plantparadox30 will count as an entry – so don’t be shy!
Also, winners will be selected from BOTH Facebook and Instagram followers, so be sure to share with us on both Facebook and Instagram to maximize your chances to win!
- Winner Selection: Two (2) Grand Prize Winners and Two (2) Runners-Up will be selected at random, as follows: one (1) Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Runner-Up will be selected from the list of qualifying entrants on Facebook, and one (1) Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Runner-Up will be selected from the list of qualifying entrants on Instagram. The drawing will occur within five (5) business days following the close of the Promotion Period. Winners will be contacted by Facebook or Instagram message within ten (10) business days following the close of the Promotion Period. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to either select an alternate winner or not award that winner’s prize. Sponsor’s decisions regarding all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of winners are final.
- Prize:Two (2) Grand Prizes are available for the Promotion Period: each Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) Amazon gift card with a retail value of $500.00. Two (2) Runner-Up Prizes are available for the Promotion Period: each Runner-Up will receive one (1) “Paradox Book Bundle,” consisting of three (3) hardcover books written and autographed by Dr. Steven Gundry (approximate retail value of “Paradox Book Bundle”: $90.00). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event an original prize is not available due to circumstances beyond its control. The winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). The prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be shipped to the winner vis U.S.P.S. Ground. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, stolen, misdirected or damaged mail. Prizes lost or damaged in mailing will not be replaced.
- Agreement to Official Rules:Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes a participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Each participant further consents to be contacted by Sponsor and its agents in connection with the Sweepstakes, and grants Sponsor and its agents the right to use and publish the participant’s proper name and Facebook and/or Instagram content online or in any other media in connection with the Sweepstakes.
- Release of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, participants release and hold harmless Harper Collins Publishing, and its respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, managers, members, officers, employees, agents and advertising and/or promotional partners from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, the use of Facebook, the use of Instagram, or any prize won.
- Choice of Law: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, excluding conflicts of laws principles. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of California courts (state and federal) in Los Angeles County for any causes or controversies arising out of the Sweepstakes.
- Miscellaneous Conditions: The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the United States. Sweepstakes entries originating from any other jurisdiction will be disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes at any given time, or to amend these rules at any time for any reason. In the event of an early cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before the time of cancellation. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software; or failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, cellular or internet service issues, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or any combination thereof.
- Winner List: Sweepstakes results and a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Harper Collins Publishing, Attn: PlantParadox#30 Challenge, 195 Broadway, New York, NY 10007.
- Sweepstakes Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Harper Collins Publishing, 195 Broadway, New York, NY 10007.