039: Dr. Mercola reveals: the truth about “keto fasting”
You’ve probably heard of the keto diet and you may have heard of intermittent fasting…
But are these just the latest dieting fads?
Or should you start incorporating these into your own wellness program?
Well, my guest on today’s episode of The Dr. Gundry Podcast, Dr. Joseph Mercola, will separate fact from fiction and discuss how YOU can use fasting and ketogenic principles to start losing weight and improve your overall health today.
Dr. Mercola has a brand new book out called KetoFast: Rejuvenate Your Health with a Step-by-Step Guide to Timing Your Ketogenic Meals and it is an absolute treasure trove of wisdom you won’t want to miss.
On today’s episode, we’ll dive into the science behind fasting and the keto diet to show you why — and how — you should start incorporating these strategies into your everyday routine.
We’ll also discuss the power of fasting, the “cigarette of the 21st century” (stick around for this one — it’s a doozy), and the two things you need to know about the popular “carnivore diet.”
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How 90% of the population is making themselves sick and crippling their health (2:30)
- Dr. Mercola’s “clock strategy” for boosting your metabolism (and your health) (4:30)
- The reason Dr. Mercola changed his mind about one technique he was SURE was the best way to boost metabolism, lose weight, and improve energy (6:45)
- The one thing you should be doing two times a week to radically improve your health (18:00)
- Why Dr. Mercola and I agree: This one technique is maybe the BEST way to boost your body and your mind (20:15)
- The types of people who should NEVER try fasting (24:00)
- The “the cigarette of the 21st century” — and what YOU can do about it (29:15)
- The truth about the carnivore diet – and the one type of person who SHOULD be trying it (32:00)
Mentioned on this episode:
KetoFast: Rejuvenate Your Health with a Step-by-Step Guide to Timing Your Ketogenic Meals
Satchin Panda and his work on intermittent fasting
Mark Sisson on “metabolic flexibility”
If you like this episode you may also enjoy:
The Truth About Calorie Restriction l Prof. Valter Longo
Biohacking — Bulletproof Style
Why Cutting Grains Can Save Your Life | Dr. David Perlmutter
WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW ON YOUTUBE.
I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU! TAKE THIS SURVEY.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on ITUNES.
What did you mean by cycling in and out of the Keto diet
Can you post a link to Dr. Mercola’s RSS feed he mentioned at 29:10?