048: Can foods fix cancer? She says yes.
Think back to when you were 21.
Chances are life felt more free, more exciting, more fun. And if you were anything like me, you probably thought you were going to live forever.
Now imagine you went to bed one night the picture of good health…
And woke up with a lump on your neck.
Well that’s exactly what happened to my guest Liana Werner-Gray, the bestselling author of The Earth Diet and 10-Minute Recipes.
In her latest book, called Cancer-Free with Food, Liana explains how important diet is to prevent — and recover from — cancer.
On this episode of the Dr. Gundry Podcast, Liana and I will discuss her incredible story of personal recovery, how she defeated her junk food cravings, and the simple recipes you can try at home to enjoy some of the most potent cancer-fighting foods on the planet.
Not only that, but you’ll also learn about the vitamin you NEED for cancer prevention, the “super green” Liana swears by, and the best way to shop for healthy ingredients (even on a budget).
So whether you’re worried about your diet or just want to learn some great kitchen tips, this episode is an absolute must-listen.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The “danger foods” YOU might be eating that Liana believes created a golf ball-sized lump on her neck (2:00)
- Liana’s genius (and ultra simple) tip for defeating your junk food cravings (5:30)
- The 3 toxic ingredients lurking in many of the foods you eat that cause fatigue, indigestion, and even disease (12:30)
- One vitamin that is absolutely CRITICAL to breast cancer prevention (not only is it easy to get, it’s also free!) (15:30)
- The two lectin-containing foods that Liana believes are essential for lowering your risk for cancer (19:15)
- Why the ancient Incas did THIS before eating their quinoa (20:15)
- The “Silician Method” for safe tomatoes (21:30)
- ONE natural ingredient in nearly all the fruits and vegetables you eat that you need to remove before eating (22:30)
- The one “super green” Liana consumes every day to help her feel more energetic and alive (and why YOU should start consuming it too) (24:00)
- Liana’s recipe for a great-tasting, healthy replacement for a peanut-butter cup (25:20)
- How to transform healthy ingredients into delicious meals and treats you AND your kids will love (29:00)
- Liana’s tips for finding healthy, high-quality ingredients while shopping on a budget (34:15)
- One of MY favorite foods for feeding your gut buddies (PLUS a great recipe that’ll make you love it as much as they do) (35:00)
Mentioned on this episode:
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy:
Watch on YouTube: