043: Can’t quiet your mind to meditate? Here’s why that’s OK:
Stress is the WORST.
It affects your mood, your sleep, and even your gut bacteria. And that can affect your relationships, your job performance, and most importantly, your health.
The worst part is, we all have to deal with stress — some of us every single day.
Fortunately, my guest on today’s episode of the Dr. Gundry Podcast might be able to help.
Her name’s Emily Fletcher and she’s the author of a brand new book called Stress Less, Accomplish More and is the founder and lead instructor of the Ziva Meditation program.
In this week’s show, you’ll learn all about Emily’s transformation from a young, stressed out Broadway performer to a meditation teacher helping CEOs and Fortune 500 companies become even MORE successful — all in a little over a decade.
You’re also going to learn the number one misconception about meditation, how YOU can use meditation to reduce your levels of stress and boost your microbiome, and the best way to use both sides of your brain to unlock your creative potential.
Believe me, you won’t want to miss this episode.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Emily went from going gray at 27 years-old to having a full head of natural brown hair (with just ONE gray) at age 40 (1:30)
- Why meditation is actually so much easier than you think it is (4:00)
- The difference between mindfulness and meditation — and why it matters for reducing your stress and calming your mind long-term (7:15)
- The one trick that unlocks your creativity and helps you perform at the top of your game (9:00)
- How to beat stress and stay focused whenever you want (11:30)
- Two reasons why meditation and prayer are NOT in conflict with each other (13:30)
- Why Emily calls meditation “the new caffeine” (19:45)
- The “nap time” solution for greater energy (and it’s NOT what you think it is) (23:30)
- How you can use meditation techniques to improve the quality and duration of your sleep (25:00)
- The surprising connection between meditation and gut health (27:00)
- A simple technique to control your breath so you can de-stress after a hard day (31:30)
- What comedian and actor Bill Murray can teach you about living YOUR best life (35:00)
Mentioned on this episode:
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy:
Watch on Youtube: