233: Ready for your day? This ring knows the truth
SLEEP. It’s one of, if not THE most essential aspect of health and longevity.
Yet 65% of American adults say they rarely wake up feeling rested and energized. And 42% say they feel tired as early as noon.
Well, what if I told you the key to optimizing your sleep – and therefore your energy and health – was as easy as wearing a ring on your finger.
Thanks to advanced wearable sleep-tracking devices – like the Oura ring – millions of people (including myself) are gaining personalized, meaningful health insights to help us sleep better than ever.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a professional athlete, high performer, student, or a soccer mom. Getting quality sleep is a vital aspect in keeping the body functioning as it should.
And in this episode my guest and I talk all about this amazing piece of wearable technology.
He’s Dr. Shyamal Patel – the Head of Science at ŌURA where he focuses on the research and development of algorithms that translate sensor data into accurate measures of health and wellbeing.
We discuss all things SLEEP – including how much you should really be getting, and tips for falling (and staying) asleep so you feel rested and energized when you wake up.
We also dive into the science behind the Oura ring and share how it could help YOU completely transform your health.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- How you can get personalized health metrics each day to optimize your sleep and recovery time (3:25)
- Why a lack of sleep can KILL you (and how many hours of sleep you really need) (13:30)
- Why you can NOT catch up on sleep during the weekends (and how this myth can negatively affect your overall wellness) (19:18)
- What it means to sleep efficiently (and how it can “clean” your brain for improved metabolic health)(29:30)
- Why you should avoid eating before bed (and surprising tips for improving sleep that no one talks about) (35:00)
- How the Oura ring works – and why it’s unique measurements from the finger impacts accuracy (41:30)
- What heart rate variability (HRV) means for your health (and why it may be the newest important health metric) (45:20)
- The predictive power of the Oura ring – and how it can identify illnesses 2-3 days before symptoms arise so you can take proactive measures to boost your immune system and prevent the worst of it (57:57)
Sponsored by Oura Ring but Dr Gundry’s opinions are his own.
Mentioned on this episode:
- Oura Ring – Head to ouraring.com/gundry to receive an exclusive $15 off any ring until Christmas.
- Unlocking The Keto Code By Dr. Steven Gundry
- The Pulse Blog
Thank you to our sponsors! Check them out:
- Head to ouraring.com/gundry to receive an exclusive $15 off your purchase until Christmas.
- Get your quote today at Progressive.com and join the over 27 million drivers who trust Progressive.
- This gut-changing good gut buddy is critical in restoring your microbiome and you can try it for yourself with a 20% discount. Go to www.pendulumlife.com and use my code, “GUNDRY20” at checkout.
- Head to ThriveMarket.com/GUNDRYPODCAST to get eighty dollars in free groceries when you sign up for a membership.
- To find a quality doctor fast go to Zocdoc.com/GUNDRY and download the Zocdoc app for FREE.
- Go to DrinkLMNT.com/GUNDRY and use promo code GUNDRY To get your free LMNT Sample Pack – that’s 8 single serving packets with any LMNT order.
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
230: What is your brain doing?
191: Explained: Vagal Nerve Stimulation
135: Dave Asprey reveals: The IDEAL time to eat
105: What Blue light REALLY does to you
Watch on YouTube:
Does Fixing Your Sleep Actually EXTEND Your Lifespan?
How To Get The BEST SLEEP Of Your Life!
Stress + Bad Diet + No Sleep = Autoimmune disease?
WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE DR. GUNDRY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on Apple Podcasts.