165: Would you eat algae?
By now, you’ve probably heard me talk a lot about superfoods – foods that are LOADED with essential nutrients like omega 3s, polyphenols and antioxidants. You might also know that some of my absolute favorites include foods like avocados, mushrooms, and macadamia nuts.
Well on this episode I’m joined by Catharine Arnston, a wellness thought leader and entrepreneur, who says there’s a more groundbreaking superfood on the radar – and it’s one of the most exciting yet.
In fact, she says it could be bigger than collagen – and NASA has even referred to it as the answer to world hunger!
We’re talking all about ALGAE.
Catharine and I discuss how certain types of algae can be used to support your energy levels, immune response, skin health and so much more. We also explain how algae works to fill nutritional gaps, and ultimately, how it might help support your immune system to set you up to handle serious illness.
Thanks to today’s sponsors. Check them out!
Get a quote today at Progressive.com and see why 4 out of 5 new auto customers recommend Progressive.
Get 25% off the entire InsideTracker store. Just go to Insidetracker.com/drGUNDRY
Get free shipping worldwide and 15% off any Blublox glasses by going to blublox.com/GUNDRY or enter code GUNDRY at check out.
For a weekly dose of positivity, touches of humor and uplifting stories subscribe to Knockin’ Doorz Down wherever you get podcasts at and find them at KDD Media Company dot com.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- One of Asia’s longest-kept longevity secrets – and how YOU can use it to support your energy levels, immune health, and more (8:00)
- The two types of edible algae you MUST know about – and how to determine which one is right for you (10:00)
- How to feel full for HOURS on end without ever stepping foot in the kitchen (bonus:it’s extremely healthy) (12:00)
- Catharine’s “detox” trick for dodging a hangover, boosting muscle recovery, and ridding your body of harmful toxins (16:30)
- Why eating WHOLE flax seeds is a total waste of money – and the right way to benefit from these powerful seeds (22:00)
- Why you’re likely not getting enough of the right nutrients (yes, even if you eat TONS of veggies) – and what you can do about it (26:00)
- The new and exciting research on edible algae and COVID-19 – and what it could mean for YOUR health (36:00)
- My thoughts on eating CACTUS – and how to best prepare it at home (45:00)
Mentioned on this episode:
The Energy Paradox: What to Do When Your Get‑Up‑and‑Go Has Got up and Gone – (pre-order here!)
EnergyBits.com (Use discount code: DRGUNDRY)
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
015: A day in the life of a “fat burner” | Dr. James DiNicolantonio
154: Expensive urine, or total game-changer?
132: The best yogurt you’ll EVER eat?
109: What are superfoods, really?
Watch on YouTube:
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT? PLEASE TAKE THIS ANONYMOUS, 1-MINUTE SURVEY.
WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE DR. GUNDRY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on ITUNES.