166: He went lectin-free and it changed EVERYTHING (Plant Paradox vegan)
If you’ve been following the Plant Paradox Program for a while now, there’s a good chance you’ve been spending more and more time in your kitchen – and that’s great!
Because the truth is, it’s nearly impossible to find healthy, lectin-free meals by dining out or ordering from your favorite restaurants.
Even the so-thought “healthy” options – such as salads, soups, or veggie dishes – usually contain hidden dangerous ingredients – like Omega-6 loaded oils or lectin-bomb ingredients.
And while you might occasionally come across a truly lectin-free option, cooking at home is your BEST tool for finding success on my program.
And my guest knows just what I’m talking about.
On this episode, I speak with The Sensitive Vegan. After struggling with some pretty serious health issues, he was able to completely turn his health around by following my Plant Paradox Program.
He now has his very own lectin-free cooking channel on YouTube, where he shares his creative recipes in a step-by-step, easy to follow manner.
The Sensitive Vegan and I share his impressive journey to health, tips for vegans on the Plant Paradox, and professional cooking advice to help YOU cook your way to better health.
Thank you to today’s sponsors. Check them out!
Go to ThriveMarket.com/GUNDRYPODCAST for $20 off your first order, plus a FREE gift.
Visit InsideTracker.com/DRGUNDRY for 25% off the entire store!
Get a quote today at Progressive.com to see why 4 out of 5 customers recommend Progressive
Get your free sample pack of LMNT for only the cost of shipping ($5), visit DrinkLMNT.com/GUNDRY for your free trial today.
Start saving today on your prescriptions at GoodRX.com/GUNDRY
On this episode you’ll learn:
- The diet some of my sickest patients are following when they come to see me – and the one dietary change that helps them improve almost immediately (13:00)
- How “treating this food with respect” can open up a TON of possibilities for vegans on the Plant Paradox (non-vegans will love this too!) (15:00)
- Why eliminating THIS food has helped many of my patients who suffer from autoimmune disease – and the food swap that makes this an easy change for most people (18:00)
- The little-known trick to getting vegan cheese to MELT (21:00)
- The Sensitive Vegan’s trick for getting enough B12 on a vegan, lectin-low diet – and why he says “cheating” every now and then can actually be a good thing (23:30)
- Why keeping THESE 3 foods in the kitchen make living lectin-low much easier (and tastier) (37:00)
- What I learned about cooking from a winery in Tuscany – and why it matters for YOUR health (39:00)
- My take on why new, groundbreaking information often gets dismissed by medical professionals – and a tip for finding a doctor you can trust (45:00)
- My MUST-know cooking trick for people who are sensitive to garlic and onion (49:00)
Mentioned on this episode:
The Energy Paradox: What to Do When Your Get‑Up‑and‑Go Has Got up and Gone
The Sensitive Vegan YouTube Channel
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
123: She quit lectins – and so did her dog!
067: Sick, pregnant, and living a suburban nightmare
061: Wellness blogger claims: THIS turned her Hashimotos around
119: His job destroyed his health… until he did THIS
Watch on YouTube:
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT? PLEASE TAKE THIS ANONYMOUS, 1-MINUTE SURVEY.
WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE DR. GUNDRY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on ITUNES.