060: Darin Olien: Stress is a good thing (for food, anyway)
Ever wondered what makes a “superfood” super?
My guest on today’s episode of The Dr. Gundry Podcast, Darin Olien, has traveled to over 40 countries in search of the most powerful and nutritious foods on earth. His travels have even earned him the nickname “Superfood Hunter.”
And recently, Darin has come across one of the most nutritious (and tasty!) foods on earth — and it’s now available in grocery stores across the country.
On this episode, Darin and I chat about some of the world’s most powerful foods, five secrets to a longer life, and the “snack food” you should be eating A LOT more of.
So listen in — you won’t want to miss this episode!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The shocking “exotic” secret the food companies DON’T want you to know (6:00)
- How stress has produced one of the most potent and powerful olive oils in the world (you won’t believe where these olives are growing) (7:15)
- How one tiny nut nearly sparked a war (14:15)
- My “go to” low-calorie snack that is WAY more nutritious than an almond (17:00)
- One “brain-boosting” fruit that you’re probably NOT eating (and why that’s actually shocking) (28:05)
- Darin’s 3 “desert island” superfoods and why you should be consuming more of them (29:50)
- Five “globe-trotting” secrets for a longer, happier, and more vibrant life (32:00)
- The “dangerous” secret buried in the label of your kombucha (38:35)
Mentioned on this episode:
SuperLife: The 5 Simple Fixes That Will Make You Healthy, Fit, and Eternally Awesome
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy:
172 Marathons, 16 months in prison – but THIS was the hardest thing he did.
Biohacking — Bulletproof Style
Are we addicted to chemicals in soil? l Eugenia Bone
Watch on YouTube:
WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE DR. GUNDRY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU! TAKE THIS SURVEY.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on ITUNES.
What is the name of the olive oil from Morocco you referenced in this episode? Is it available to purchase online?
I find your podcast extremely interesting. I literally can’t stop listening! A spontaneous question- How do you know what to look for? You’re looking for super foods you don’t know about yet…Was he just traveling to exotic Countries, getting in touch with their indigenous people asking questions about their eating habits and then analyzing the goods that were unknown to him?