078: Harmless “micro-cancers” – fact or fiction?
These days, your doctor is far more likely to prescribe an expensive medication than a handful of kale.
But my guest today says we need to start thinking of food as medicine — and realize that we already have all the tools we need to fight disease and live longer, healthier lives.
He’s Dr. William Li, a world-renowned physician, scientist, speaker, and author.
And on today’s episode of The Dr. Gundry Podcast, Dr. Li and I discuss the one herb we can’t eat enough of, the single most important food you can feed your baby, and why beer might actually be good for you (crazy, right?).
Don’t miss this one!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The most important protein you’ve probably NEVER heard of — and how you can get more of it from one unlikely source (9:30)
- How adding this one herb to your diet can boost your heart health and improve your circulation (14:00)
- The blood sugar-improving spice medieval Venetians couldn’t get enough of (17:30)
- The ONE baby food which can actually protect mom and baby — for up to 4 generations! (19:45)
- How to transform this “toxic” vegetable into a powerful antioxidant that can boost heart health… and even protect against cancer (23:10)
- The anti-aging “juice” my great-grandmother drank EVERY night. (She lived to be 99!) (29:20)
- The “salad plate solution” for healthier meals (35:05)
- Where to find the “super seafood” that can actually help protect your DNA (45:35)
- How just 2 handfuls of THIS snack decreased cancer deaths by HALF (48:00)
- One ingredient in BEER that could actually help your body fight cancer cells (49:15)
- Why more of this “superfood” may actually hurt your health (53:05)
Mentioned on this episode:
Dr. William Li (official website)
Dr. Li’s viral TED talk (2010)
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy:
Is “Dr. Google” ruining your health?
Dave Asprey Hates Kale – here’s why
Can foods fix cancer? She says yes.
The Holistic Approach To Cancer Treatment | Dr. Laura Nasi
WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE DR. GUNDRY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU! TAKE THIS SURVEY.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on ITUNES.
Dr. Gundry recommends keto for anyone who has or had cancer. Yet Sr. Li suggests fruits and skins in season and pomegranate juice, but those are not keto foods. What is the recommendation?
As someone who likes to have water with her meals, how many ounces are too many to drink with any meal. I can often have 16 + oz with a meal. Loved the information in this pod cast.
Very interesting;I listened multiple times but couldnt understand the last juice that Dr William Li said was good, was that cumquat grape fruit?