149: What’s in Dr. Gundry’s fruit bowl?
You know, ever since I told my readers to “give fruit the boot” in my first book, people have labeled me as some kind of “fruit hater.”
Well, my wife Penny can tell you, I am anything BUT a fruit hater.
In fact, there are a LOT of fruits I absolutely love and recommend.
So in this “mini episode,” I share a few of my favorite fruits (and WHY I love them so much), easy tips for eating fruit in moderation, and what it really means to eat your fruit “in season” (it’s a little more complicated than you think!).
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The REAL purpose of fruit in your diet (this may surprise you) – and why too much fruit can destroy your health, energy and waistline (1:00)
- Why you’re likely consuming way more fruit than you think – and how to make sure you’re not overdoing it (3:30)
- What it REALLY means to eat your fruit “in season” – and my 3 shopping tips for finding “safe-to-eat” fruits (4:00)
- Why “America’s favorite fruit” is actually OFF LIMITS (no matter the season) (5:15)
- My top 10 FAVORITE fruits – and why they beat out all other fruits when it comes to health benefits (6:30)
- Why you NEED to stop freezing your fruit (yes, even if they were technically “in season” when you froze them) (9:15)
- Why bread that has been “long-fermented” is still DANGEROUS for your health – and some exciting news for bread-lovers (10:15)
Mentioned on this episode:
Produce calendars for all 50 states
The Energy Paradox: What to Do When Your Get‑Up‑and‑Go Has Got up and Gone – (pre-order here!)
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
110: The controversial truth about fruit
022: Brainwashed By Fruit? Your Plant Paradox Questions, Answered
099: Is this common food destroying your immune system?
118: Dr. Gundry says: go ahead, bake bread!
Watch on YouTube:
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT? PLEASE TAKE THIS ANONYMOUS, 1-MINUTE SURVEY.
WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE DR. GUNDRY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on ITUNES.
I have never heard a podcast with so much advertising.
I like your information! But all the adds make me not listen to it very often… and: the adds make your Podcasts so much longer!
Hi Dr Gundry,
I really appreciate all the information you provide. After 40 years of searching, following your approach I finally feel a significant improvement in my health and happiness.
I strictly following the Gundry process. I am interested to know your opinion on taking vitamins/supplements using a time restricted meal approach. If eating between noon and 6 pm, is it detrimental on digestion/metabolism to be taking supplements outside of this time, ie NADH, ubiquinol, L carnitine in the morning say 8am and glycine, magnesium…. capsules at say 9pm.
Where does the timing of taking supplements fit into the paradox ?
With thanks and enduring gratitude.
Dan from Oz