167: She FOUGHT for answers (and now she’s sharing them)
One in every ten women suffer from endometriosis – a complex, lifelong and often incredibly uncomfortable disease.
And unfortunately, many women go years — or even their entire lifetime — without receiving a proper diagnosis – and are left in the dark about ways to manage their condition.
So whether you’re a man or a woman, pay attention: what we share on this episode could help someone you love.
Because my guest says that there is hope for ALL women struggling with endometriosis – and that for many, life-altering surgeries and medical procedures may NOT be the only answer.
She’s Jessica Murnane, a sought-after speaker, host, and women’s health advocate. She’s also the author of the new book, Know Your Endo: An Empowering Guide To Health + Hope With Endometriosis.
Jessica shares her unique story navigating life with endometriosis. She also shares how diet, movement, and effective stress management, can help women across the globe manage their symptoms and take back control of their bodies.
Thank you to this week’s sponsors. Check them out!
Get a quote today at Progressive.com.
With code GUNDRY, get $10 off the starter bundle at UprisingFood.com.
To receive 15% off your Blublox order, head to BLUblox.com, and use code GUNDRY.
For 15% off your order, go to TenThousand.cc and enter the code GUNDRY.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- What doctors are getting WRONG about endometriosis relief (and why surgery is NOT always the answer) (2:00)
- 7 symptoms of endometriosis that are commonly overlooked or misdiagnosed – and what to do if you have concerns (8:00)
- The TRUTH about the connection between endometriosis and fertility (it’s not all bad news) (10:00)
- Why women with endometriosis are more susceptible to experiencing mental health issues – and how to help yourself or someone you love (12:00)
- Why extremely painful periods are NOT just “part of being a woman” – and the at-home trick to help you determine if it may be something more serious (14:00)
- 3 techniques almost anyone with endometriosis can use to feel relief – and how to customize them to your unique situation (21:00)
- How people suffering from chronic illness can better connect with friends and family(and feel seen and heard) – and why it’s SO important (25:00)
- How changing your DIET can significantly improve your symptoms of endometriosis (and other chronic health conditions) – and how to find the foods that work best for YOU (30:00)
- Jessica’s “top 10” trick for people who don’t like to cook (and how to make every trip to the grocery store quick and stress-free) (32:00)
Mentioned on this episode:
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
Watch on YouTube: