156: Can you eat yourself happy? She says: Yes!
If you’re anything like me, and you swear by chocolate as a mood-booster – you may actually be onto something.
That’s right, my guest on this episode claims certain foods (like dark chocolate), can actually balance our brain chemistry to make us feel happier and more relaxed.
But she also believes there are some nasty foods out there that can do quite the opposite.
In fact, she says they may be the cause of negative emotions and can even lead to anxiety disorders.
She’s Liana Werner-Gray, a certified nutritionist and three-time best selling author. She’s also got a brand new book out called Anxiety-Free with Food: Natural, Science-Backed Strategies to Relieve Stress and Support Your Mental Health.
Liana joined me back on episode 48 to share her amazing story of how she healed herself from cancer through food. On this episode, she’s back to discuss how FOOD – once again – proves to be one of the BEST tools we have for living healthy, happy and long lives.
Liana and I will discuss the relationship between FOOD and MOOD and identify which foods are working for you rather than against you.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- What most people don’t know about THIS nutrient and its connection to mental health (plus, possible signs you may have a deficiency) (2:00)
- How eating THIS may increase your risk of anxiety and depression by up to 45% (4:00)
- 6 of the WORST foods for anxiety – and how to avoid them entirely (some of them may be sneaking their way into your diet) (8:00)
- The secret to kicking your sugar craving – for good (and you WON’T have to deprive yourself) (11:00)
- How ALCOHOL may be affecting your mood and stress levels (it’s likely NOT what you think) (14:00)
- 10 of the BEST foods for reducing anxiety – and hacks for easily incorporating them into your diet 15:00)
- How supplementation may help you combat stress and anxiety (and key ingredients to look for)
- The secret to finding success on ANY diet (it’s simple and works for just about everyone) (21:00)
- 2 easy things you can do TODAY to support your health and improve your mood (23:30)
Thank you to today’s sponsors: Fitbit, TENTHOUSAND.cc, Masterclass and Drink LMNT!
– Visit Fitbit.com to get a FREE 6-month trial of Premium when you buy Fitbit Sense.
– Check out TENTHOUSAND.cc for 15% OFF your purchase. Use the promo code: GUNDRY.
– Want 15% off an annual Masterclass membership? Go to MASTERCLASS.com/GUNDRY.
– Use the promo code GUNDRY at DrinkLMNT.com/GUNDRY and get your free LMNT Sample – Pack – you only cover the cost of shipping ($5 for US customers).
Mentioned on this episode:
Anxiety-Free with Food: Natural, Science-Backed Strategies to Relieve Stress and Support Your Mental Health by Liana Werner-Gray
The Energy Paradox: What to Do When Your Get‑Up‑and‑Go Has Got up and Gone
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
048: Can foods fix cancer? She says yes.
097: Stressed? Anxious? Watch this NOW
067: Sick, pregnant, and living a suburban nightmare
060: Stress is a good thing (for food, anyway)
Watch on YouTube:
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT? PLEASE TAKE THIS ANONYMOUS, 1-MINUTE SURVEY.
WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE DR. GUNDRY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on ITUNES.
WHere is the link to the Episode Transcript ?