The challenge officially starts on Tuesday (1/15/19)! This weekend is a good time to do some meal prepping. Here’s a Sage & Mushroom soup recipe from the “Quick & Easy” book. It is allowed during Phase 1 (first 7 days). You can make a batch and split it in half between the fridge and the freezer. #plantparadox30
The following recipe makes 6 generous servings!
3 Tbsp Avocado Oil, divided
1 large head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
2 lbs mushrooms, trimmed and finely diced
1 onion, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh minced sage
1 tsp fresh thyme
Zest of one lemon
1 1/2 tsp iodized sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
3 cups water or homemade chicken or vegetable broth
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add cauliflower, mushrooms, onions and celery
2. Cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms are fragrant and cauliflower is cooked through.
3. Add garlic, sage, thyme and lemon zest, and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant. (2-3 mins)
4. Add salt, pepper, onion and mustard powders and continue to stir 1-2 minutes. (Toast spices)
5. Reduce heat to low and add coconut milk and water or broth.
6. Cover and let simmer for 20-30 mins, then remove from heat.
7. Purée using an immersion blender or high-spend blender.
8. Taste and add salt or coconut, aminos if needed.
To store: let cool to room temperature, transfer to pint size jars or BPA- free containers. Store or a week in the refrigerator and for up to 3 months in the freezer!