062: What do NASA and the NFL have in common?
It can improve the appearance of your skin, help you deal with pain and inflammation, and even boost your mood…
What I’m describing isn’t some previously undiscovered nutrient — I’m talking about red light.
My guest on today’s episode of The Dr. Gundry Podcast is Scott Nelson, the cofounder of JOOVV, a red light and near infrared light therapy startup. Just a few years ago, Scott was a self-admitted skeptic of the benefits of red light… until he started reading the science.
On today’s show, Scott and I are going to dive into the science behind red light therapy, how and why it could help YOU slow aging and heal faster, and a simple and free way to get many of those benefits today.
So tune in to this episode and learn all about the next big thing in health and longevity.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why light can actually give you MORE energy (2:45)
- The proven beneficial effects of red light on your skin and on pain and inflammation (4:00)
- What the San Francisco 49ers know about red light therapy — and why everyone else is finally catching up (5:00)
- Why red light and near infrared light are nothing like the “scary wavelengths” you find in 5G and other electronic devices (10:00)
- You spend a shocking 93% of your entire life doing THIS (13:45)
- The free and abundant source of healing energy you’re not getting enough of (16:30)
- The “Home Depot solution” for red light therapy and why you SHOULDN’T try it at home (18:45)
- How one big skeptic came around on the science of “woo woo” red light therapy (21:15)
- The 1 type of light you MUST avoid to improve the health of your entire body (27:45)
- What happened when I tested red light on my own body (and why my dogs absolutely loved it) (31:30)
- The “forehead trick” for using near infrared light to improve your sleep (35:00)
- Why aiming red light at a certain part of the male anatomy can have a DRAMATIC effect on testosterone levels (38:15)
- Why you should ditch the “happy lamp” and get “more bang for your buck” with red light (38:15)
- How much wine you’d need to drink to get 100mg of resveratrol (it’s A LOT more than you think) (40:45)
Mentioned on this episode:
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy:
Watch on YouTube: