171: Menopause is a superpower (and other hormone surprises)
According to a recent study, nearly half of American women struggle with hormone balance.
So, what gives? Why do so many women struggle with hormone issues? And why do these issues so often go undetected by medical professionals?
Well, my guest today is here to answer those questions…
Not only that, but she’ll reveal how your hormones are ACTUALLY a secret superpower….
And how balancing your hormones can help you enjoy better health, better bodies, better sex, and better minds.
She’s Dr. Stephanie Estima, a chiropractor, with a special interest in functional neurology, metabolism and body composition. She’s also the creator of the Estima Diet, host of the Better Podcast and author of The Betty Body.
In this episode Dr Estima shares her approach to healing: modern science mixed with ancient wisdom to help you — or the women in your life — find health
Thank you to this week’s sponsors! Check them out:
- For 15% off your order, go to Blublox.com and enter the code GUNDRY.
- Get a quote today at Progressive.com. It’s one small step you can do today that could make a big impact on your budget tomorrow.
- Go to Uprisingfood.com and use code GUNDRY for $10 off the starter bundle.
- For 15% off on your order of sorghum popcorn at NatureNatesLLC.com, enter the code GUNDRY
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why so many women feel “at war with their bodies” – and 4 lifestyle changes that can help you experience better health and more comfortable menstruation (4:00)
- THIS may be why you’re not seeing results on the ketogenic diet – and what it has to do with hormones (6:00)
- The scary truth behind the cause of the “hormone imbalance epidemic” – and signs that your body may be asking for help (13:00)
- Why your hormones may be to blame if you’re struggling to lose weight – and my “after dinner” trick to help you get back on track (16:00)
- What every woman should do before considering hormone replacement theory – and why it’s works (22:00)
- Why menstruation(and even menopause) should be considered “super powers” – and how better understanding your hormonal health can contribute to better energy, better moods, and better sex (29:00)
- Why you should try THIS if you’re a woman experiencing decreased libido (it’s simple, safe and easily accessible) (34:00)
- Dr. Stephanie’s opinion on fasting for women – and how to intelligently fast for better health and a slimmer psychique (43:00)
- The unfortunate reason many women’s symptoms are dismissed by medical professionals – and 6 tips to better advocate for yourself TODAY (53:00)
Mentioned on this episode:
The Betty Body by Dr. Stephanie Estima – order here!
The Better with Dr. Stephanie Estima
The Energy Paradox: What to Do When Your Get‑Up‑and‑Go Has Got up and Gone – (order here!)
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
087: A great sex life at any age? It’s possible
167: She FOUGHT for answers (and now she’s sharing them)
067: Sick, pregnant, and living a suburban nightmare
164: The “quiet disease” 1 in 9 men struggle with
Watch on YouTube:
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT? PLEASE TAKE THIS ANONYMOUS, 1-MINUTE SURVEY.
WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE DR. GUNDRY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on ITUNES.