199: Snot 411 (your immune system will thank you)
Ah, spring.. It’s the time of year when the cold starts to wane, and trees and flowers blossom.
But if you’re one of over 24 million Americans who suffer from seasonal allergies, those pretty trees and plants may make you feel worse, NOT better.
But, I have news: my guest says you can reduce your chances of experiencing air-born illness in the first place.
And that it all begins with the nasal and oral microbiomes.
She’s Dr. Nazlie Latefi, a life sciences expert and co-developer of BioVanta – an OTC product thought to tackle the root-cause of respiratory illness.
Dr. Latefi and I do a deep dive on the oral and nasal microbiome, discuss why so many people suffer from seasonal illnesses in the first place, and share what makes BioVanta different from other cold and allergy products you’re probably familiar with.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- How your nasal and throat lining is just like your gut lining (and how it has been helping you) (5:57)
- Where respiratory infections actually stem from (and how to help prevent them) (6:50)
- Why SNOT is actually a good thing (9:34)
- The threats your throat and nasal microbiome could be facing (and what age and diet have to do with it) (11:30)
- Why diabetics may be more prone to COVID-19 complications – and the conversation you should have with your doctor (12:49)
- The REAL reason why people are more susceptible to getting sick during colder months (14:22)
- Why allergies could be affecting you more than others (and how to help prevent them) (15:30)
- Where you can get the first all natural over-the-counter drug designed to help with colds and allergies (24:05)
- The Aspirin myth – and why it’s NOT always beneficial (25:55)
This episode is sponsored by Applied Biological Laboratories, however, my onions are my own.
Disclaimer: This episode is intended only to expand your knowledge and is NOT a substitute for seeking medical advice. It’s important to first communicate with your doctor regarding any of the information you wish to put into practice, especially for serious illnesses.
P.S. Believe it or not, the Dr. Gundry Podcast is about to hit our 200th episode and we want YOU to join in the celebration. If you want the chance to be featured on our 200th episode, it’s simple. Just CLICK HERE to fill out our brief questionnaire and upload your video. I’m excited to celebrate together soon!
Mentioned on this episode:
Thank you to our sponsors! Check them out:
- Go to www.Biovanta.com for your allergy and cold solutions and save 15% off with the code 15GUNDRY, either on the brand’s site or Amazon.
- For all your oral care products, find Lumineux on www.Amazon.com and get seven dollars off today!
- Join today to get 40% off your first order AND a FREE gift at www.ThriveMarket.com/GUNDRYPODCAST.
- Get a 20% discount on the first month of an Akkermansia membership with the code GUNDRY20 at www.pendulumlife.com
- GO TO www.TenThousand.cc/GUNDRY for 15% OFF your athletic wear purchase.
- As a Dr. Gundry Podcast listener, you get 15% off an annual membership, go to www.MasterClass.com/GUNDRY
- Get a quote today at www.Progressive.com and see why 4 out of 5 new auto customers recommend Progressive
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
136: Allergies? You’ve GOT to hear this
174: Why “snot” is crucial for your health
190: Why are THESE people living so long?
172: This “master antioxidant” could REVOLUTIONIZE your health
Watch on YouTube:
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT? PLEASE TAKE THIS ANONYMOUS, 1-MINUTE SURVEY.
WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE DR. GUNDRY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and RATE “THE DR. GUNDRY PODCAST” HERE on ITUNES.