083: Coronavirus – should YOU worry?
The coronavirus outbreak is making international headlines as it sweeps across the globe.
And this is just the beginning.
With rising reports of the coronavirus in the United States — U.S. health officials say it will inevitably spread to communities across the country.
Those who’ve fallen ill with the coronavirus, or COVID-19, suffer with coughs, fever, and difficulty breathing. In severe cases, some have experienced organ failure — and even death.
On this special episode of the Dr. Gundry Podcast, I dive deep into the science behind this rapidly spreading illness, bust a lot of MYTHS about COVID-19 — and share tips for protecting yourself and your loved ones.
This is an important and timely issue, so be sure to tune in. You COULD be saving someone’s life.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- What coronavirus looks like under a microscope (weird) (2:25)
- The freaky thing happens when humans eat BATS (this could be affecting your health) (3:40)
- The ONLY mask that will prevent you from getting COVID-19 (8:13)
- The “standard” surgical practice with NO proven benefits… and what it means about preventing the coronavirus (11:00)
- Whether or not you should sit in in the window seat (my ”airplane trick” for fighting airborne illness) (15:30)
- My rule for using airplane trays (16:20)
- The RIGHT way to take Vitamin C (and yes… there IS a wrong way!) (20:30)
- Which vegetable fights off “killer cells” (21:30)
- The one thing my cancer patients have in common — and how you can avoid it (23:00)
- Should you get the flu shot? (24:40)
- My #1 tip for taking antibiotics — this is SO important right now (25:25)
Mentioned on this episode:
World Health Organization recommendations
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy:
Skip THIS, and you could die in DAYS.
She changed her life, and her illness “vanished”
Can foods fix cancer? She says yes.
Dr. Gundry reveals: The secret life of lectins
Biohacking — Bulletproof Style
Thanks. Could you enlighten us about cytokine storms. What not to take ie elderberry? Echinacea? Thanks
Yes, what about Echinacea? Is it not supposed to boost your imunesystem? I usually don’t take it unless I feel something coming on, like a cold or sore throat. I have had great results from that for years now.
What is your opinion of chia seed.
Thank so much for your podcast. You have explained everything throughly which I really appreciate. I am going to try your preventive virus routine out on the cold virus too. I am sending your podcast to friends & family.
Dr. Gundry, I would be interested to know what your blood levels of D3 are since you take such large quantities. I have heard and read that a level of over 80 is very protective against a variety of diseases. I will definitely fearlessly increase my D3 intake!
Hi Dr G,
How do you take 150,000 IU vitamin D3 in a day. Normally available supplements are 1000 IU. That would be like taking 150 tablets in a day. I have seen some 7000 IU tablets on special order from some pharmacies, will still be like 21 tablets a day. Thats a lot not to mention the cost>