161: For better mental health, skip this popular breakfast
Here’s a shocking stat: 1 in 5 children struggle with mental health.
And if you’re a parent or grandparent, then you’ll want to listen up, because today I’m going to be diving deep into what’s driving this alarming rise in childhood mental health issues.
To do that, I’m joined by Dr. Kenneth Bock. Kenneth has over 35 years of experience diagnosing the root cause of chronic illnesses and restoring balance to his patients’ immune systems. And he’s got a brand new book out called Brain Inflamed: Uncovering the Hidden Causes of Anxiety, Depression, and Other Mood Disorders in Teens and Adolescents.
On this episode, Kenneth and I discuss WHY these mental health problems appear to be increasing, what it has to do with GUT health, and what you can do if you suspect YOUR child is suffering from a mental health issue.
Thank you to this week’s sponsors! Check them out:
Nature’s Nate – Visit Naturenatesllc.com for 15% off your first purchase when you use the code GUNDRYPODCAST.
MASTERCLASS – Go to MASTERCLASS.com/GUNDRY for 15% off an annual MasterClass membership.
Airmedcare Network – Visit Airmedcarenetwork.com/GUNDRY or use the code GUNDRY for a $50 eGift Card when you join.
Blublox.com – Go to Blublox.com and enjoy 30% off on certain frames until 6/30/21. After June 30, use the code GUNDRY for 15% off your order.
DrinkLMNT – Go to DrinkLMNT.com/GUNDRY to get your free LMNT Sample Pack – you only cover the cost of shipping ($5 for US customers).
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why your food may be causing you (or your child) to experience anxiety and depression – and the 3 foods to cut out right away (2:24)
- The scary truth about the food in most school cafeterias – and how to best protect the kids you love (4:50)
- The “empowerment” trick to getting getting ANYONE to open up to you (even teenagers) – it may even motivate them to make healthier life choices (9:15)
- 2 reasons children seem to be more prone to mental health issues than EVER before – and what YOU can do to help (15:20)
- The “sleepover” trick for differentiating between “normal teenage behavior” and possible health issues (19:00)
- Why the having a genetic mutation does NOT determine your (or your child’s) fate – and how you can pave a better path to health (24:30)
- The 3 leading causes of nutritional deficiencies – and some of the most common deficiencies seen in children (29:00)
- 3 of the MOST inflammatory foods – and what you NEED to know about food allergies (yes, even if you have not been diagnosed with any) (30:00)
- The RIGHT way to go on an elimination diet (and how to monitor your results) (34:00)
- The difference between food sensitivities and a leaky gut – and how to tell if you be be suffering from one (or both) (36:00)
- What your doctor may not be telling you about your blood test results – and how to REALLY know if your test results fall in the “normal” range (39:00)
- Why Hymalayian pink salt is not all it’s cracked up to be – and the type of salt you NEED to be using instead (40:30)
- Why your child’s GUT may be to blame if they’re experiencing brain fog, anxiety, or depression – and how YOU can help them reverse their health (41:00)
Mentioned on this episode:
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
Watch on YouTube: