198: For a sharper brain: fries and chocolate?
The good news is, my guest says there’s actually a way to beat the statistics – and the solution is sitting right in your fridge!
That’s right – New York Times bestselling author Max Lugavere says there is a very important connection between the food you eat and your brain health.
On this episode, Max and I share revelations from his new, exciting book, Genius Kitchen, and how “eating like a genius” can help YOU experience peak mental health.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- What it really means to “eat like a genius” – and how it could change YOUR life for the better (2:00)
- Why Max considers standard dementia treatment to be “minimally effective” – and the promising new research on diet and brain health (7:00)
- Why the APOE4 gene does NOT determine your fate – and how anyone can help lower their risk of dementia (no matter their genetics) (9:00)
- Why coffee drinkers may be better protected against certain illnesses – and what to do if you don’t like coffee (12:00)
- The real reason foods like ice cream and chips are SO addicting (and why it’s NOT your fault if you overindulge) – plus, how to snack to your heart’s desire without gaining weight (22:00)
- How to enjoy FRIES whenever you want (without destroying your health) (27:00)
- Why Max recommends having THESE 3 types of salt – and how to use them for better health and more delicious food (34:00)
- The “cognitive multivitamin” that is likely in your fridge right now – and why you should be eating it everyday (39:00)
- Why cooking “low and slow” is proven to be more delicious AND nutritious ( 43:00)
P.S. Believe it or not, the Dr. Gundry Podcast is about to hit our 200th episode and we want YOU to join in the celebration. If you want the chance to be featured on our 200th episode, it’s simple. Just CLICK HERE to fill out our brief questionnaire and upload your video. I’m excited to celebrate together soon!
Mentioned on this episode:
Thank you to our sponsors! Check them out:
- Go to www.MasterSpas.com. Use promo code GUNDRY to save $1,000 on a Michael Phelps Swim Spa or $500 on a Master Spas Hot Tub
- Dry Farm Wines is offering an extra bottle in your first box for a penny (because it’s alcohol, it can’t be free).See all the details and collect your wine at www.dryfarmwines.com/gundry
- Go to www.GoodRX.com/GUNDRY to save a ton of money on your prescriptions today.
- Start streamlining those unwanted auto subscriptions today at Truebill dot com slash GUNDRY – it could save you THOUSANDS a year.
- A little off your rate each month goes a long way. Get a quote today at www.Progressive.com and see why 4 out of 5 new auto customers recommend Progressive.
- For 20% OFF your first month’s subscription of probiotics, go to www.Pendulumlife.com and use the code my special code “GUNDRY20”.
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
Watch on YouTube: