255: Is ‘personal care’ dangerous?
It’s a startling reality that many products in our daily routines might be more trouble than they’re worth. From the lotions we apply to the carpets we walk on, numerous everyday conveniences expose us to sneaky, but seriously nasty toxins.
And the impact on our health and the environment is significant and certainly worth our attention.
On my latest episode, my guest and I uncover these hidden dangers, helping you make simple yet powerful changes that can boost your well-being and show our planet some love. I welcomed Darin Olien – the Emmy™ Award-winning co-host of the hit Netflix docu-series, Down to Earth with Zac Efron, and the author of Fatal Conveniences: The Toxic Products and Harmful Habits That Are Making You Sick―and the Simple Changes That Will Save Your Health.
We explored the concept of “Fatal Conveniences” and how making positive changes to everyday items and habits can significantly improve your health and the environment. We also discuss the importance of understanding our “cumulative body burden” and how Darin’s personal story inspired his journey toward a cleaner, greener, and healthier world.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why your everyday habits and products could be FATAL conveniences (5:30)
- How to unveil the troublesome ingredients in your fragrances (and why scents are disrupting your health) (13:20)
- The scary truth about food CONTAINERS (and the safest options) (18:45)
- How you can transform your daily routine to minimize exposure to hidden toxins (24:15)
- Why skincare products may actually be damaging your skin (and the safer alternatives to use) (28:08)
- Why sunscreen might be doing more harm than good (and what to do instead) (41:18)
- The real culprit behind why only 2% of Americans are deemed “healthy” (56:00)
- Why THIS “healthy” food exceeds the “safe contaminant level” by 400x (1:00:15)
Mentioned on this episode:
Thank you to our sponsors! Check them out:
- Timeline is offering 10% off your first order of Mitopure. Go to timelinenutrition.com/GUNDRY and use code GUNDRY to get 10% off your order.
- Press play on comparing auto rates. Quote at Progressive.com to join the over 27 million drivers who trust Progressive.
- Transform your sleep experience with Cozy Earth bedding, go to cozyearth.com/gundry for 35% off.
- Receive an exclusive listener discount on trusted ProHealth NR supplements by heading to prohealth.com/gundry today.
- Go to DrinkLMNT.com/GUNDRY and use promo code GUNDRY to get 8 single-serving packets with any LMNT order
- Save 20% off any AquaTru filter with promo code GUNDRY20 at www.aquatru.com
- Clear your mind and improve your mental health with Headspace. Head to headspace.com/gundry30 to unlock all of Headspace FREE for 30 days.
- Improve your sleep today and save $150 on your purchase by going to eightsleep.com/gundry
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy:
Watch on YouTube: