195.5: Is Aging a Disease?
We’ve all dreamed about living a longer, healthier life – being there for our children, grandchildren, and if we’re lucky our great grandchildren which is exactly why we are revisiting one of our most popular episodes to date.
On this episode, I’m joined by none other than Harvard scientist and world-renowned longevity expert Dr. David Sinclair.
Dr. Sinclair and I discuss the most dangerous meal of the day, the benefits of “stressed out” food, and the cutting edge technology that could one day help ALL of us live healthy lives into our 100s — and beyond.
We even discuss the one food secret that all of the world’s longest-living populations share.
Believe me — this is an episode worth revisiting!
If you would like to be apart of episode 200 please follow the link HERE.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why aging is a disease — and why that matters for your health (5:17)
- The diabetes drug with a surprising side effect — it actually DELAYS aging in animals (8:50)
- How Dr. Sinclair’s dad PROVED an 80 year-old can look and feel younger than someone decades younger (14:45)
- “What doesn’t kill you makes you live longer” (18:55)
- Why your FOOD should be more stressed out than you are (20:55)
- The “small plate” method that could add YEARS to your lifespan (23:50)
- Why THIS meal is like force feeding yourself. “It’s not just a waste of money — it’s dangerous.” (25:23)
- The one dietary secret shared by ALL the longest-living people on the planet (27:40)
- One FREE resource you’re not using enough of — and why it can help you live a longer, healthier life (33:17)
- The molecule that can “turn on” your body’s defenses against aging (and how you can get it) (36:27)
- The “reprogramming” technique that could one day help YOU turn back the clock on aging (42:00)
- How damaging sugar really is and how to identify hidden sugars in your food (51:50)
- How just a cup of this “healthy” drink can negatively affect your white blood cells (57:00)
- Why starvation can actually protect you from bacteria and viruses (1:00:10)
- The weight-inducing ingredient that hit the pleasure centers in our brain more than HEROIN (it’s in most of the foods we eat today) (1:02:44)
- One of the most important vitamins for supporting health – and the common food that may be responsible for a deficiency (1:07:10)
- The fruits that have the highest and deadliest sugar content (and the best sweet alternatives) (1:09:40)
- Why I recommend that everyone should “retreat from the sweet” (1:13:00)
- How eating just 3 pieces of THIS can help mitigate the negative effects of sugar (1:15:15)
Thank you to our sponsors. Check them out:
- Visit www.DryFarmWines.com/GUNDRY for an extra bottle of wine with your first order for just one cent!
- Find your perfect sofa today at 20% OFF at www.Allform.com/GUNDRY
- Use promo code GUNDRY to save $1,000 on a Michael Phelps Swim Spa or $500 on a Master Spas Hot Tub at www.MasterSpas.com.
- Go to www.Truebill.com/GUNDRY – it could save you $$$ a year.
- Pendulum is offering a 20% discount on your first month of an Akkermansia membership with code GUNDRY20, www.pendulumlife.com
- For savings on your prescriptions, go to www.Good RX.com/gundry.
Get a quote today at www.Progressive.com and see why 4 out of 5 new auto customers recommend Progressive.