092: Does your dinner need a tan?
The more I learn about this unique superfood, the more I’m convinced it’s one of the healthiest things you can consume.
Because this is not only great for your brain health, improves longevity, and helps support the health of your immune system …
It’s also delicious — and incredibly easy to prepare at home.
I’m talking, of course, about mushrooms.
And my guest on today’s episode of The Dr. Gundry Podcast, Jeff Chilton, is one of the world’s leading fungi experts and the founder of Nammex, a company that specializes in developing organically-certified mushroom products.
Jeff Chilton and I are going to discuss why mushrooms are one of the most powerful medicinal foods on earth, why you’re probably NOT getting enough of them in your diet, and the best ways for you to prepare mushrooms at home.
And as a bonus, Jeff’s also going to explain why some mushroom supplements aren’t exactly all they claim to be.
So, if you love mushrooms, you’re going to love this episode. But if you think mushrooms are gross and slimy, you NEED to tune in — because there’s almost no food I recommend more and this conversation could change your mind…
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why everything you think you know about mushrooms is probably WRONG (6:30)
- The sugar I actually recommend you eat (9:45)
- My favorite mushroom (and why I try to eat it at least 2x a week) (11:30)
- The BIG reason why it’s so important to get mushrooms into your diet right now (15:00)
- The little-known compound that could be one of the most potent antioxidants on the planet (18:15)
- 3 powerful mushrooms you should start eating TODAY (20:15)
- The “urban myth” you may have heard about candida — and why it’s NOT true (22:45)
- Which country is actually the safest source of high-quality medicinal mushrooms (27:10)
- What your mushroom supplement may have in common with tempeh — and why that’s a BIG problem (30:30)
- If you see THIS word on any mushroom product, RUN the other way! (34:15)
- How to prepare your mushrooms so they NEVER turn out “slimy” (39:30)
- The “empty shelf” reason why now may be the BEST time to start the Plant Paradox diet (43:45)
Mentioned on this episode:
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy:
Watch on YouTube: