In her honor, we’re re-airing Suzanne Somers’ interview from 2019.
In our conversation, we explore the insights from her book, “A New Way to Age”. She offers guidance on how to lead a healthy and joyful life—including a fulfilling sex life—inspiring us all to embrace the richness of our years, much like she did.
This episode serves as a heartfelt tribute to Suzanne’s enduring legacy as one of the original wellness pioneers.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- Suzanne Somers’ health-forward alternative to counting sheep (3:20)
- Why Suzanne looked back on her cancer diagnosis as a “veiled gift” (5:20)
- What Suzanne ate to look her best (if you like butter, you’ll want to hear this) (6:40)
- The daily conversation you should have to feel happier (8:40)
- Why Suzanne decided NOT to get a facelift (10:30)
- A surprising alternative to Botox and fillers (10:50)
- Which shot Suzanne gave her husband weekly to preserve his “zest” (12:20)
- The (controversial!) case for taking bioidentical hormones (15:30)
- The “7 Dwarfs” of menopause (19:50)
- How your expensive skin care products could be hurting your BRAIN (21:35)
- The “living room secret” to reducing your exposure to harmful chemicals (22:50)
- Suzanne’s #1 piece of beauty advice for young women (23:00)
- Why Suzanne said eating organic is “non-negotiable” — and why your budget shouldn’t deter you (26:30)
- Why I give Walmart props (even though I don’t agree with everything they do) (29:40)
- How a Hollywood couple stayed together for 50 years (it involved hard liquor) (32:50)
- How I knew I wanted to marry my wife after one day of knowing her… and how we reconnected after she saw me on TV (37:15)
- My #1 piece of advice for couples (38:35)
- How to get your sex drive back, according to a then 73-year-old woman who had sex twice a day (39:40)
- The secret to getting the MOST from your doctor’s visits (43:45)
Thank you to our sponsors! Check them out:
- For all your blue-light and EMF-blocking accessories, go to boncharge.com/GUNDRY and use coupon code GUNDRY to save 15% off your entire order.
- Get convenient, high-quality, affordable groceries delivered with Thrive Market. Get $80 in free groceries at thrivemarket.com/gundrypodcast.
- Head to TimelineNutrition.com for 10% off your purchase with promo code GUNDRY.
- Use code GUNDRY to save up to 40% off air purifiers at Airdoctorpro.com.
- Go to DrinkLMNT.com/GUNDRY and use promo code GUNDRY to get 8 single-serving packets with any LMNT order.